Our health checks consist of a series of non-invasive tests and examinations that give you an overview of your current health status. Depending on the tests or package you have chosen, your appointment will take anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes and include some or all of the following:
Your Health Assessment Specialist will ask a series of straightforward questions relating to your health and lifestyle. Your answers are strictly private and confidential, and will be used in the context of analysing your results.
In order to test a vast array of health markers, a small sample of blood needs to be drawn from your inner arm with a needle. This is undertaken by one of our trained and qualified phlebotomists, and the process is quick and painless for most. The full procedure normally follows the following steps:
- You will be asked to sit or lie down.
- A tourniquet is tightened around your arm to increase blood volume in your veins.
- The injection site is wiped with an alcohol solution to clean the area and avoid any infection risks.
- A needle is inserted to draw blood, which is taken from the vein and collected inside a syringe or vial. Minimal discomfort may be experienced.
- The needle is removed, and cotton wool will be pressed against the injection site to minimise bleeding.
- An adhesive dressing is applied to finish the procedure. Minor bruising may occur in the next day or two.
A 6-lead ECG test will be used to record the trace of your heart rhythm, which will then be reviewed by accredited cardiac consultant at our specialist Cardiology Laboratory. The process is quick and simple:
- You will be asked to lie down.
- 6 small sticky sensors will be attached to your arms, legs and chest.
- The ECG recording machine will record your heart rhythm while you simply lie down and breathe normally.
- The recording stops after approximately one minute, and the sensors are removed.
Lung Function Test
Your lung function will be assessed with a quick test that involves breathing out into a recording device. All you will be asked to do it to take a deep breath and then breathe out as much air as possible into the tube with one powerful and long outbreath.
Your biometric analysis is quick and simple, and involves two simple steps:
- Your height will be measured.
- A smart scale will be used to assess your weight as well as other parameters such as fat percentage and muscle mass.
All of the above tests allow us to assess various aspects of your health from artery health, heart rhythm (resting ECG), and body composition, through to biochemistry checks for liver disease, kidney function, cardiovascular health, diabetes, gout and more. You will not need to get undressed during your appointment, but you will be asked to take off your shoes and socks for the biometric analysis. Full preparation instructions will be provided when you book your appointment.